Thursday, August 16, 2012

I asked a question

As I prepare for ministry, I have been avidly reading articles, books, and blogs trying to learn from the great men in ministry who have gone before me. After 4 degrees from the seminary, I have been blessed to learn quite a bit, but Aristotle (in Apology) said it best: "I am called wise, for my hearers always imagine that I myself possess wisdom which I find wanting in others; but the truth is, O men of Athens, that God only is wise; and in this oracle he means to say that the wisdom of men is little or nothing." After 8 years of wonderful seminary training, I continue to be blessed by and thankful for men of God who are willing to share their wisdom with others.

One of the blogs of respected authors and pastors that I follow is Practical Shepherding written by pastor Brian Croft. I decided that it couldn't hurt to email and ask Brian what life in ministry should look like in the first year. Here is his response. I was blessed by it and pray that you will be too. I am thankful for godly men who make time for younger, much less experienced brothers in the faith. Thank you Brian Croft for your ministry and answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment