Monday, January 18, 2010

The Tell-Tale Heart

Today, I meet with a friend for coffee after hearing our church's amazing mission's service yesterday. We had the privilege of hearing from several different speakers who are supported (in one way or another) by Bay Leaf Baptist Church. The interesting thing was that when each of these missionaries was asked what the focus of their ministries was, all answered "to tell others about the Gospel of Jesus Christ." I hear that often, attending a Seminary, that "our focus is missions," but when I ask how often people around me share their faith I rarely get answers that seem genuinely concerned with the state of the lost. In fact, I often wonder if my heart is set and tuned to the commands of Christ to seek and save the lost. Our pastor spoke of having a heart transplant upon becoming a Christian and of how once we are his, we should be transformed into someone who desires to be Godly. I can't help but wonder if someone were to examine my heart, would they find my heart, or God's heart? I fear I know the answer, and something's gotta give.

No comments:

Post a Comment